Saturday, October 24, 2009

Why am i getting spam mail in my yahoo email box all of a sudden?my spam settings are set to high.?

i have been using yahoo mail for 5 years and got a few spam every once in a wile but just in the past few months i started getting at least 10 spam mail a day. i dont give out this email to anyone but friends and my settings have been the same since day one and i never had any problems but now its daily and im ready to change to another email with better protection against spam if i cant fix this. spam gard is on and set to high. is anyone els having this problem?

Why am i getting spam mail in my yahoo email box all of a sudden?my spam settings are set to high.?
Any free email service like Yahoo, Hotmail, etc. is more likely to get spam than your ISP email address.





Why? Because spam is computer generated. Sent out to random email addresses.





And it's easier to get a "hit" on one of the free email service addresses, than a relatively small one like your local ISP, because there are far more users of the free services.





Creating another account somewhere else will only temporarily solve your spam problem, it will just be a matter of time before that one gets hit too.





My SpamGuard filters out 95% of my spam, I get 50 or 60 a day in my bulk folder. Some does get past SpamGuard, nothing is 100% effective against spam. For those few spam emails that do get into my inbox, I simply check mark them and click the spam button.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

 

email settings Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting