Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Yahoo email attachments via context menu and Internet Explorer 6 Security Settings?

For at least 2 years now I have not been able to automatically attach a file and email through yahoo (which is my default) using the right-click context menu on a file.. i.e when you right click on a file you have the option to email w/ Yahoo. But when the attachment screen comes up you still have to manually attach the file. My friends computer has the same problem so i know its not just mine. I have searched everywhere and emailed Yahoo, of course with no reply, and have never been able to get a solid answer. It is possible that it is an Internet Explorer security issue which leads me to my 2nd question. Whenver I try to lower the security settings for the Internet below Medium it will not allow it. I get an alert stating the recommened security level for this zone is "Medium". No matter what I do, to include disabling the windwos firewall, it will not let me lower the security level. I've also went through the custom settings option but the security level ALWAYS returns to medium

Yahoo email attachments via context menu and Internet Explorer 6 Security Settings?
When you right-click an image saved on your computer, a context menu opens. click Send To.





When the next context menu opens, click Mail Recipient.





A window will open saying something about picture size, click OK.





A mail window will open that says Attach Files %26amp; the location of your image will be listed above the File 1 box. Copy %26amp; paste this location into the box %26amp; click Attach Files button.





Next window, click Continue to Message.





It's cumbersome, I know, but those are the steps for the right-click process.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

email settings Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting